Published: January 1, 2009
How do you catch a killer when you’re the number one suspect? A man is caught on CCTV, shooting dead a cashier at a bank. Detective Harry Hole begins his investigation, but after dinner with an old flame wakes up with no memory of the past 12 hours. Then the girl is found dead in mysterious circumstances and he beings to receive threatening emails: is someone trying to frame him for her death? As Harry fights to clear his name, the bank robberies continue with unparalleled savagery…
This is my favorite book in the Harry Hole series to date and here are a few of the highlights of the story:
- Rakel and Oleg are in Russia for a custody court hearing.
- Harry wakes up in his apartment and can’t remember anything from the night before.
- Harry’s ex-girlfriend (who he had dinner with and had sex with the night before) is found dead.
- Harry is being sent emails and being framed for her murder.
- Bank robberies and murders
- Anna’s neighbor has a split personality
- Anna killed herself
- Accountant killed his wife during the bank robbery and framed his brother because she wanted to leave him and marry the brother.
- Accountant is captured.
- Even after Harry slept with his ex-girlfriend, Racal and Harry are okay.
- He and his partner work on the Ellen Gjelten case.
- Harry finds a witness who can place Tom Waaler at the location of Ellen’s murder.